Trip to Calayan!!



Oh my gosh.. it's Friday already and it's only 3 more nights before we go on our long-awaited trip to Calayan, Cagayan!!! We're all so excited!!

If you guys don't know where Calayan, Cagayan is, it's right at the tip of the Philippines, which is practically a stone's throw away from Taiwan (that island at the northern part of the map) Hongkong is on the Northwest :) Not many people are aware of this area of the Philippines, but it's where my father and his family originated. The main island is the one in the 2nd picture..

I haven't been here since I was about 7 or 8 so it'll really be a nostalgic moment for me.. Imagine, traveling by bus for 14 hours and then taking a boat ride for another 3-4 hours hahahaha now you can understand why we have to stay for a week LOL

It will certainly be a big adventure for my kids who have never been to the beach in their lives LOL Den has already been to the island last year I think and she fondly remembers eating lots of crabs, shrimps, lobsters and fish - ALL FRESH!! woohooo the beach is a 2 minute walk from the ancestral home!! Looks like I'll be bringing tons of sunblock lotion :)

WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

  1. How Fun!!! My mom was born and raised in Claveria Cagayan and we took lots of trips there back when we were young. I fondly remember these three rock statues: a man, a woman and a child (apo lakay-lakay, forgot the woman and ubing-ubing for the child). I'm sure it's still there. Well, have fun on your trip and send pictures as soon as you can. Love, Dette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)