COVID-19 Chronicles: My Birthday at home

2021 October

It's that time of the year once again and I'm lucky to be having it with the kids.

It's my Birthday!! Woohoo!!!

Happy birthday to me!! :)






Celebrating birthdays during this pandemic can be hard for some especially those who are used to having a lot of family members around to share in the celebration. This year, we do miss Patrick since it's my first birthday that he isn't a part of. But, it's something that we all have to get used to. Also, since gatherings are also restricted, we definitely can't be with the people we love at this time.  

Last year, we discovered the convenience of delivered samgyupsal sets. It's been our go-to food lately, maybe we've gotten tired of having spaghetti for celebrations! haha Or maybe it's because we watch K-dramas all the time now because of Netflix which opened our eyes to the many different Korean dishes we can enjoy from the comforts of our home. 

Anyway, that's what we had. We promptly devoured about 1 1/2 kilo of meat, kimchi, and other side dishes. As you can see, those are the looks of anticipation as we smelled the aroma of the meat cooking. :)




For dinner (like we didn't eat so much during lunch), we still had space in our stomachs for our favorite pizza - Shakey's. Thanks to my SuperCard, we availed of their Buy 1 Take 1 promo and had their Scallop and Shrimp Pizza Americana and their Truffle Four Cheese Pizza. Oh and since it was my birthday, I also got an extra Free Pizza!! Woohoo Thank You Shakey's Pizza!





Also, I have to thank my two sweetest children who got me a Final Fantasy 7 Remake Playstation Disc for my birthday!!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)