Dana's 2Q Convocation

 23 November 2019

Today marked Dana's 2Q Convocation in school.  It's the day where Honor students are presented with their respective awards and I'm proud to say that again, Dana made the cut :)

Congratulations Dana!  We're all so proud of you!





Throughout this time, Patrick, Dylan and I have been in the hospital and understandably, our focus had been on getting Patrick healed so he could come home.  Dana was left alone at home, with our aunts intermittently checking on her well-being.  That in itself is something to be proud of because she was able to handle all the challenges that came with living alone during this period.  She had to wake up, prepare breakfast and then go to school.  Once she came home, she had to do her homework, projects and prepare dinner too.  

While I felt so proud for her independence, as a Mother, I did feel guilty because there's this feeling that I was neglecting her.  To make up for it, I would message her daily once I know she's back home.  When I would get the chance to come home, I would leave notes to her to remind her that we're all thinking about her.  

That's why, during this special day, I really made it a point to be with her even if it meant leaving Patrick with a relative in the hospital, at least for a little while.

Of course, Dylan came with me because I can't leave him in the hospital haha


To Dana, Congratulations!! I love your quirky side because you're just like me hahaha


I know you're deserving of being one of the top students in your class :)  I know how much effort you put in your projects, your homework and exams.  Congratulations!! :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)