Day Tour with Aqua Park at Club Balai Isabel: Exhausting but Fun!

27 April 2019

Today, we went to Club Balai Isabel in Talisay, Batangas to try out their Aqua Park, an inflatable water park.

Aside from the Aqua Park, we also tried out the swimming pool in Club Balai Isabel which was close to where the Aqua Park was. 

The Aqua Park was Exhausting but Fun and read on so you'll find out why!







We never would have found out about the Aqua Park if not for the invitation that Ford Philippines sent us to go on this particular adventure.  We also were loaned a Ford Everest to drive with for our trip (more on this at a different post).

Our original plan was to arrive at Club Balai Isabel in Talisay, Batangas as soon as the Aqua Park opens because the heat of the afternoon sun can be quite devastating but due to some unforeseen events, we were only able to arrive at around noon. 

We were directed to the Front Office to get our Day Tour Tickets.  We purchased the P990/head Day Tour Tickets that were for the Aqua Park and use of the recreational facilities of the resort.  For checked-in guests, tickets to the Aqua Park would only cost P450/head.  If you want some food to go with your adventure tickets, you may opt to pay the P1,850/head which includes lunch and some snacks.


With our tickets, we went in search of the Aqua Park.  It seemed like the resort was fully booked because there were so many going to and from the villas around.  I felt a little claustrophobic because of the overgrown plants and trees.  We even got lost looking for the Aqua Park because there weren't enough signages to show us the way to it.

Anyway, after asking security guards around the area, we were able to make our way to the Aqua Park.  There weren't many people around and when we asked if it was open, they said, they would open at 1PM.  It was okay since we wanted to wait a little when the sun wasn't blazingly hot.  So, we decided to try out the swimming pool first which was just beside the aqua park.  We were looking for changing rooms but apparently, according to the staff there, they only had outdoor showers and comfort rooms.  So we just changed into suits using the comfort rooms.



We wanted to stay awhile in these pools but we noticed that there was construction ongoing just beside it and the cement, or whatever that was, was being blown by the wind directly into the pool area.  We didn't want any triggers to asthma so we just decided on heading to the Aqua Park around 2PM.



So, this was the Aqua Park.  It seemed innocuous because it's just a big inflatable park on water.  The procedure was to get registered first and that's when we gave the tickets.  We were signed a waiver for our safety and then were directed towards the life vests. 


 After, putting on our life jackets, one Kuya, a guide, accompanied us through the park.  The first time I set foot on the inflatable, I suddenly felt a little dizzy! LOL Walking on these inflatables wasn't easy.  It's slippery, moving about and it's easy to lose your balance.  The added weight of the life vests also didn't help.  It took some getting used to. 



It's your choice where you want to go in the park.  Of course, the kids wanted to try out that giant slide.  You know, I only agreed to go with the kids because I was worried for Dylan who may be overcome by his fear of the unknown.  Imagine my surprise when he wasn't scared at all.  Maybe it's the excitement or maybe it's that he saw his big sister just going around like it was nothing :)

So, to get to the top, obviously you had to climb.  Dana went first then Dylan.  I'm so proud of Dylan for being able to climb that height without any complaints. 


Then we had this adrenaline rush of a slide!  Patrick wasn't able to get Dylan's picture this time but he got mine.  I never screamed so loud in my life.  It was scary! But it only took a second and then you're rushing down.  After screaming, my mind immediately snapped and when I saw how close I was to the water, I immediately clamped down on my mouth because I didn't want to drink lake water! LOL


Here we were, coming back up from the giant slide.



If you noticed, most of the pictures of me show that I'm crawling on my knees hahaha That's because I kept falling down.  I was so envious of the kids who were actually just calmly walking across the inflatables :)

When we reached this part, I was beginning to feel the effects of my age and lack of exercise.  I was getting out of breath.  I was finding it difficult to maneuver the "climbing" parts and I kept slipping off.  Kuya would end up just pulling me up hahaha



This was the part when I decided I've had enough.  My knees were shaking and I knew I was holding up the kids :)  I have to give a big thumbs up to Kuya for watching out for me.  I told him, it was okay, he just needed to take care of my kids because I'm going back to shore.  hahaha



The kids just went off with him to the farther end of the park. 



There I was tired and out of breath.  I then went in search of the elusive shower rooms of Club Balai Isabel.  Fortunately, one of the staff told me that there were shower rooms in the far end of the resort. When I found them, it was like nobody ever used them but the showers were running so I was grateful. 


While I was out looking for shower rooms, at one point, they had to rest because Dana's nose began to bleed.  Kuya didn't panic and just told her to jump in the lake to cool off.  He kept putting water over her head and then when the blood had stopped flowing, he pulled her up and made her rest on the inflatable.  This was normal since Dana usually has nosebleeds when it gets really hot, but still, thanks to Kuya for taking care of her.

After that, they continued to work their way around the park.   They couldn't resist and they went on the giant slide again :)  They then decided that they'd had enough.  They didn't even finish the one hour!  They only lasted 45 minutes, but it was enough :) 



The kids ended the day with a shower and this picture :) 


Honestly, I thought after my turn at the Aqua Park that I would have a heart attack.  My heart was beating so fast and my knees and legs were shaking so hard.  Even after I've showered and helped the kids with theirs, I was still feeling dizzy and unbalanced. 

Still, it was an experience to remember and I'm glad that I got this chance to do it with Dana and Dylan.  When I asked them if they wanted to come back again, they both immediately said a resounding "YES!". 

Thank you Ford Philippines for this great bonding adventure for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)