Movie Marathon: The Underworld Series

There are just days when you're bored of Facebook (yes, it happens!) and you're not in the mood to read (good gracious!) but you have the time to spare so you search in your DVD Collection until you find a suitable boredom buster.  This time, I was surprised to find myself drawn to the Underworld Series, starring Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman, Bill Nighy and Michael Sheen.  


I have to admit that in our family we all have a proclivity for supernatural themes - vampires, werewolves, zombies, witches and warlocks.  So, it's only natural that we would like the themes of the Underworld series.  I enjoyed the first one when it was first shown.  The concept about a hybrid (played by Scott Speedman) was refreshing.  The fight scenes were worth watching although you may have to tone down your volume level hehehehe  

I didn't fancy the dark and gloomy color, although I understand that it adds drama and sets the mood.  I have busted vision making it hard for me to see much when it's dark.  



Underworld Evolution is the continuation of the climactic scene from the first movie with Elder Vampire, Viktor, played by Bill Nighy.  It was easy to follow the storyline although I don't understand why Marcus (played by Tony Curran) was referred to as the original hybrid.. hmm.. must watch it again, me thinks.. 

   
As they say, the plot thickens, in this movie, with more background story on Selene and her part in the battle between vampires and werewolves.




Undeworld:  Rise of the Lycans, is the third installment in the series, released in 2009.  You may say that it's the prequel to the series (I actually hate prequels).  It tells the story of the origins of the centuries-old feud between Vampires and Lycans and the parts the central characters had to play - Viktor, Lucian, Sonja (Rhona Mitra).  It's a nice background story for Lucian and Sonja.  Its nice to see Raze there too :)

Now, there has been a 4th installment, called Underworld: Awakening which will be shown in theaters in the coming weeks.  I hope I get to see it and what timing that I just recently watched the series in order :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)