Book: Inheritance by Christopher Paolini





Inheritance is the 4th and Final book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.  This is the synopsis taken from the Inheritance site.

"Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances."




I first started with the series when my mom included the book "Eragon" in a package she sent us.  I'm a sucker for fantasy books and dragons so it wasn't hard for me to get into it.  I really got hooked and just ate up both Eldest and Brisingr when they became available.  I really thought it would end with Brisingr and I was so frustrated when it didn't.  I'm just glad that I didn't have to wait that long for Inheritance to come out.

It's been a while between books.  That was my fear - that I would have forgotten some of the details in the books that would be important when it came to reading Inheritance.  It's a good thing that a summary was included in the book to at least help you get caught up with the story even if you haven't read the first three books.

Before I started to read, I tried to recall all that I could from the first three books.  Personally, I wasn't satisfied with the summary but then I'm a stickler for details and I knew I would have to read the books again from the start to really immerse myself in the world of Alagaesia.  But, since I had the book already I needed to know what happened next and so I began reading.  Naturally, the book will have the same cast of characters - Eragon, Sapphira, Arya, Roran, Nasuada, Murtagh and Thorn.  Other characters that we've heard of in the previous books will now play a pivotal role in this one - Queen Islanzadi (Leader of the Elves), Angela (the herbalist), Solembum (the Werecat) and of course, Galbatorix himself.  

By this time, you know that they're headed to face Galbatorix and you know it's not going to be a walk in the park.  There are several battles and a lot of interesting discoveries.  You can also understand how hard it is for them, how seemingly hopeless things appear in the face of Galbatorix' strength.  Without divulging too much, you know that there will be something that happens to give them the hope and strength that they need to defeat Galbatorix ;)

I am still ambivalent about this book.. I need more time to read it again maybe after I've read the other three books too.  That will give me the depth that was missing from my initial read.  I'll let you know as soon as I finish :D those books are really thick you know hehehe





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)