Dylan's First Christmas Party

December 17, 2010


Today is going to be a hectic day.  I can feel it.  Today, my two kids are celebrating their respective Christmas parties and as much as I want to be at both, I can only choose one.  I wish I can do Naruto's Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Clone Ninja Art Technique) so I can be in two places at the same time but alas, that's not to be :)

I had to attend Dylan's Christmas Party because he's also participating in their Christmas dance and I know that they've been practicing so I wanted to see how Dylan would do :)  Armed with gifts for his teachers, gifts for his exchange partner, a video cam and a digital camera, we went to Shakey's Espana where they held their Christmas party.


We were one of the first attendees to arrive so we took advantage of the time to take pictures with Dylan's teachers.  Teacher Karen (on the left) is Dylan's Teacher and Adviser.  Teacher Dory (on the right) is Dylan's Principal and was responsible for initiating Dylan into preschool.  I owe a lot to these two dedicated teachers for my son blossomed and learned a lot from them.  It takes skill and intelligence to teach kids.  But it takes love and patience and kindness to really build a rapport with them.


Dylan participated in the field demo.  As you can see on the right, he's trying his best to follow his teacher with the right steps and keeping the rhythm.  But, as you can see on the right, he certainly dances to his own beat :) and has resorted to following his own instincts with the dance steps :)






After the performances, naturally kids will be tired and hungry so they were served their food - a slice of pizza, mojos, spaghetti, garlic bread, fried chicken and a drink.  There was a bit of confusion when the food was being served because there were so many of us and only a few servers but eventually, everyone got straightened out :)  Dylan got quite a number of gifts and he was very pleased and excited :)




After his party, we went to Dana's school to pick her up as her own party was also finished.  Dylan then proceeded to his other school, Core Skills (note his shirt!).  There, he gave Teacher Amy his gift and continued with his speech therapy :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)