Get-togethers Galore: A Week of Meet-ups with Great Friends

20 February 2017

I can't even begin to describe how hectic this week has been.  For as long as I can remember, this has been the first and only time when my week has been packed with get-togethers with friends.  So, I'm putting together all of these events in one blog post hehe  It's really nice to catch up with friends, whether they're High School mates or former co-workers.  It's fun!




On the 12th, I met with my co-workers from Landco Pacific Corporation because Charlie was home.  We met at Morganfield's restaurant in Ayala Malls The 30th.  Over drinks and good food we were able to chat up and time passed quickly, too quickly.  Wish we had more time! :) It was great to see Charlie, Bobbie and Peter, Jay and Arup :)


We brought the kids with us because this was the first time we're visiting this new mall.  So while I was with friends, Patrick and the kids spent their time building their own Lego figures at the Lego Store.  They ended up bringing these home :)


The next day, I met up with my best friend from HS and College, Lallie, who was back in Manila for a vacation.  We met up at Conti's in Robinsons Magnolia.  It was just the two of us at first because Cath, another friend from HS and College, was coming straight from work.

We chose to meet at Conti's because they offered dinner food and their desserts were to die for :)  So I ordered their Baked Salmon (it was great!).  Lallie initially ordered the Lapu-Lapu because she missed Filipino food but it wasn't available haha She ended up ordering grilled prawns.

Personally, I wasn't pleased with the service because we had to repeatedly ask for utensils, dinnerware and water.  I understand that it can be busy during dinner time but there were a number of wait staff and yet they couldn't respond quickly.  Anyway, we just kept chatting while having dinner. We had cakes for dessert. Lallie had Almond Choco Sansrival (which she sad was soooo good!) and I had my regular Chocolate Moist Cake :)



Finally, Cath arrived around 9PM, which was good because they closed at 10PM and we had time, even though it's a bit short, to chat with her too.  Again, the wait staff served her dessert first and she was already half-way through it before they even brought out her dinner.  We even had to follow-it up with them and the dish was served cold already. tsk. tsk. 




Anyway, it was still a good night and it was during this get-together that Lallie invited us to another get-together organized by other HS friends :)

So to continue with this epic get-together post, we met up again, on Saturday for lunch, this time at the Tipanan Cafe and Grill in Sikatuna Village in Quezon City.  This time, lunch was perfect!  Great food and service, we were really satisfied.  We had Filipino dishes - Pork Binagoongan, Seafood Sinigang, Gambas, Crispy Pata and rice! :)

At first, it was just the 5 of us (Ruth, Les, Lallie, Cath and I) which was rather a manageable number and we had fun getting to know each other again.  I actually prefer meet-ups like this because it gives you a chance to really talk and just be comfortable together.


Later on, we were joined by Cecille, Jessie and Axi.  We were only supposed to stay until 3PM because Lallie had another appointment after but everything was going so well we ended up leaving at 4PM! :)  It would have been nice if we could've stayed because more people were supposed to come for dinner and for the rest of the evening, but maybe next time :)



Thank you Universe for giving me the opportunity to meet up with my friends and hopefully there will be more in the future!  I look forward to it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)