Book Review: Shades of Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon


After reading Book 1 of the series, I was caught up in it and immediately read Book 2, "Destined for Doon".  I couldn't get enough of it and it was fortunate that BookLook Bloggers has the 3rd book, Shades of Doon, and offering complimentary copies in exchange for honest reviews so I took advantage of the offer.  I finished it so fast I hate myself for reading so fast hahaha







Summary
Book 2 ended rather excitingly and I'm afraid to say more because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it.  This book follows immediately after that fateful day and is all about the best friends Vee and Kenna encountering a new threat coming from a possible old nemesis.  New challenges are up for Kenna on the romance side too.

Review
Funny enough I thought this book was the end of the series.  I don't know why I thought that but it worked for the best because I didn't want the series to end.  The way that plot evolved at the onset made me think of conspiracy theories, second guessing myself as to whether the circumstances being described were real or imagined.

It's nice to see our protagonists having their share of good and fun days this time around.  But I guess that's really a kind of a foreshadowing for what's coming next.

I am sure that the "reveal" near the end of the book will be a shocker for readers ;)

I can't wait for 2016 for the next book :)

Disclaimer:
I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)