Geisha for a day :)

March 27, 2012

Today, a great friend of mine from High School, Erlinda (Nina), flew in from Japan.  We have been able to reconnect through Facebook (thanks for that!) and today we're meeting up with other friends.  I would like to apologize in advance because you'll be seeing a lot of  my face on this blog because after going around town, our final stop was at another friend's photography studio in Quezon City, HG Studio.  Nina was kind enough to bring home kimonos and getas (Japanese slippers) so it was an opportunity to get dressed up and ham it up in front of the camera.

Believe it or not, I rarely have pictures taken of myself, and at a professional photography studio at that so this was quite an experience. We got ourselves made up by Hazel herself.  I never even knew I could carry pink lipstick like that! hahahaha
The pictures below are the rushes from the pictorial and I just picked out the ones that are worth posting LOL  At first I was nervous and awkward and it showed! So, I don't want to waste your time looking at those hehehe

When I finally relaxed and just let loose, here are some of the shots that I liked :)








Here are the group shots.







And finally, with our Make-up artist Hazel and Gicel who was too shy to take pictures in her kimono :D

(L-R):  Geo, Me, Hazel, Gicel, Nina and Sheila


To Nina, I thank you for the kimono, the getas and the Japanese books that you brought for Dana.  She's learning how to write Kanji and even learning to draw anime.  I appreciate your pulling off this photography idea because it was so much fun and I think the pictures say it all :)  It was truly memorable.  Thank YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)