2011 Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Christmas is such a great holiday because of all the wonderful things that happen during this time.  Yes, you may spend an enormous amount of money buying gifts for all the people you love but you kinda forget about it once you see that the gifts you bought really brought happiness and actual tears to the people who are receiving them.

Patrick and I are fortunate that our kids are understanding about our financial situation and don't complain that they only have less gifts this year compared to last year.  They still were very happy about the gifts that they received this year and couldn't wait to play with them.  

We're also very fortunate that though we have lost people we love like my mom and Patrick's parents, we still have a lot of people in our lives that care about us and love us just the same.  Special shout outs to Tita Gigi Escalante and Tito Nino who have really welcomed us in their lives and love us and our kids with equal fervor like their own.  It was such a pleasure spending Christmas eve with you guys and we owe you a debt of gratitude for making our holiday so special because of the warmth that you envelop us in.  

I miss my mom so much and I miss my brother just as much that sometimes it seems pathetic that I have to seek out people from whom to get the love and comfort and that feeling of security that you have a place in this world that you belong to and with.  It's still very fortunate that there are people in my life like those - Lan, my brother, you may be far away in geography but you are never far from my mind and heart.  I always wish the best for you and I'm proud that you're doing well on your own.  Kat you are still the bestest friend anyone can have and I'm proud to have you in our lives.   Sharon, my sister, you are such a crazy girl but I'm still glad that you've matured enough to handle yourself in the way you see fit.  

We have had such a hard year this time and as much as we will never forget the people who have helped us get through it - Chie Cosay and Rey Maribao special thanks to both of you for you know what - we will also never forget the people who have brought us such pain and suffering.  It is because of you that we have become stronger.  It is because of you that we have faced much hardship and yet we're still surviving.  Though we no longer want you in our lives, you have been a major part of it and for that we can't and we won't forget.

May the New Year bring us better circumstances....

In the meantime, I'm sharing my kids' and our own happiness this Christmas and hope that you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)