Free Coffee at Luke's Diner (Toby's Estate Ortigas) from Netflix Gilmore Girls A Year in the Life

02 December 2016


Yesterday, while browsing Facebook, I saw a post on the Netflix page about "Luke's Diner coming to Manila" and I just about flipped out.  I watched the clip and Scott Patterson himself was saying, "Luke's Diner is taking over Toby's Estate (Ortigas).  Grab your free cup!"  I immediately showed the clip to the kids who became as excited as I.

Today, they went to Toby's Estate Ortigas with their Dad to see for themselves how exactly did this coffee shop get turned into Luke's Diner.  Oh and the free cup of coffee was also a major incentive!










I have always been a fan of Gilmore Girls since their first showing in 2000.  I've always loved the dynamics between Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) and the whole town of Stars Hollow.  Then, I heard about Netflix showing the whole series and then having 4 additional episodes this year, I just about flipped.

I immediately got ready to binge watch all seven seasons but this time, it was more entertaining because I got to watch it with my kids.  Dana and Dylan both loved the quirky Kirk. We also just watched the reunion show, screaming "Oh my gosh!" when Dean came on, when Jess came on, and cried when we saw Sookie!!

So you can imagine how excited they were to go to Toby's Estate and be part of the #GilmoreGirls #LukesDiner promotion :)  The whole coffee shop was transformed and sported Gilmore Girls decorations and posters.





Of course, they were greeted at the door with Luke's rules - the same rules posted on his diner during the reunion show.  Patrick shouldn't have been let in because he was sporting a man bun!



The wait staff were also wearing Luke-inspired costumes :)  Dana actually fit right in.  She was dressed in the same way! :)





Just look at those beaming smiles.  Dana looks like Luke's child hahaha  By the time they were ready to leave, the line kept getting longer and longer.


Toby's Estate Ortigas offered two kinds of coffee for this event:  Black and Flat White.  They were really good!  :)  


The cup had quotes from the show.  They both got "You like coffee?"  "Only with my oxygen" - Lorelai (S01,Ep05).  They also received two buttons:  "You're a vicious trollop" and "Team Logan".  Dana wanted to ask if they had "Team Jess" buttons haha She's Team Jess 😈


All in all, the kids had a blast.  Thanks Netflix! We love Gilmore Girls!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)