Book Review: Doon By Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon

I love having new books to read and Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon did not disappoint.  I got this complimentary eBook from the publisher through BookLook Bloggers. I enjoyed reading it and want to continue the next books in the series.


Summary
Doon is a romance-adventure kind of story that’s perfect for Young Adults.  The main characters, best friends Vee and Kenna, head to Scotland for summer vacation and that is where their adventure starts when they accidentally (or fortuitously) enter the fictional world of Doon.  Vee was drawn to the place by a mysterious kilt-wearing boy.  Kenna is soon to discover what ties her to the place. 

Review
Doon is an easy read.  The story focuses on the two main characters and their male counterparts so it’s easy to get into the story.  I just had to adjust to the authors’ style of telling the story in the character’s point of view for every chapter.  I sometimes had to go back and check whose point of view the chapter was of because I usually just go straight to the prose and not bother with the title.

Going into the story, I knew that this was a series of books and that the story will take time to unfold.  I just wanted to read and see where it would go.  I liked that the pacing wasn’t forced, that it allowed me to get to know the characters and feel empathy for them. 

I liked that it was a good mix of romance and action.  The connection between the two best friends is something that everyone can understand and get into.  I liked that there was a touch of mysticism and magic from being in Doon and yet they keep themselves “grounded” with the thought of the modern/contemporary of their own world.  The theatrical references were a hoot too J

I can't wait to read the next book in the series.  

Disclaimer:
I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)