Food: Papa John's 2 Family Pizzas All-In for P495 treat

Last August 19, the kids and I decided to order pizza for dinner.  We settled on Papa John's Pizza because they were offering this Duo Saver - 2 Family Pizzas for P495.  Now, considering that most pizzas cost P400 each for a Family-sized pizza, this deal is a bargain.  But, you do have a certain selection of flavors to choose from:  Italiano, Cheese Trio, John's Special, Cheesy Margherita and Bacon Cheeseburger.  We chose Cheese Trio (the kids love cheese) and Bacon Cheeseburger (because it was a new flavor).
The thing is, we placed our order at around 5:45PM and we were told that the delivery will take around 45 minutes to an hour.  I said that was okay, that was the usual anyway.  So we waited...... and waited...... and waited......Mind you, we were waiting at the gate of the house just in case the driver got lost or something, at least we would have been able to spot him and call him.

By 7:20PM, I felt that was already too much.  7PM would have been forgiveable considering that the pizzas should have been delivered by 6:45PM.  I was giving them a grace period of 15 minutes.  But 7:20PM was no longer funny.  We were HUNGRY!  So I called the customer hotline - 887-72-72.  This was also irritating because my call kept getting disconnected while on queue.  I had to keep redialing them.  Finally I got through and spoke with a customer service agent to whom I mentioned that I was simply following-up on  my order.  She asked for my number and she called me back to report that she called the branch (Ever Gotesco in Recto) and was told that the rider had left 20 minutes ago (which meant that the driver left at 7PM).  And I wondered, "by 7PM, that rider should've already finished delivering those pizzas". If you check the receipt, and from my interpretation, the branch only processed my order at 6:39PM a good hour after I called their central customer hotline.  If that was the case, I can understand why the driver only left around 7PM.    

 So here are the pizzas, cold and unappetizing.  The kids immediately got to eating them when they arrived at 7:30PM.  I didn't have time to snap photos while the pizzas were whole.  

Cheese Trio

Bacon Cheeseburger
Kids Can't Wait to Eat

Now, after the first slices, we decided to heat up some of the remaining slices to see if they would taste better.  In fairness, the Bacon Cheeseburger was flavorful but the Cheese Trio was just so-so.

I decided to write this post because it's the third or fourth time this happened to us.  There's always a delay, which can be attributed to the relay between Customer Service and the branch where your order is being processed.  I love Papa John's because their pizza is usually refreshing but this time, I think I'm going to stick to the principle of "Three Strikes and You're Out".  Or maybe just consider dine-in next time instead of delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)