DVD Review: The Read And Share™ Bible on DVD

I have found that the best way to see if DVD's for kids are any good is to test them on the kids. Well, I did. Believe me when I say that my kids are DVD addicts. They love watching them and when they like something they have a tendency to watch them repeatedly to the point that they know the soundtracks and dialogue by heart.

When I got this from Thomas Nelson, my kids were so glad to have a new DVD to watch and immediately asked if they can watch it. So we all sat down and started watching. As you can probably surmise, the DVD is a collection of thirteen stories from the Bible. The Stories include: The Beginning, Adam & Eve, The Flood, Abram, Isaac & Rebekah, Jacob & Esau, Rachel, Jacob & God, John the Baptist, Jesus is Born, Jesus is Tempted, Jesus Love Children, and One Lost Sheep. If you haven't told your kids about these stories, then this is a good starting point for you.

They were very much enraptured from the moment the first story came on. Because it's in English, it's easier to understand for them. The narration was subtle, just the right tone for storytelling for kids. The language was also pretty straightforward so kids won't be too overwhelmed if they were to watch the DVD by themselves.

The best part about it is that the stories themselves are very short and quick that works well for kids and their short attention spans. Before they even get bored a new one starts so that's good.

I consider the The Read And Share™ Bible on DVD (Vol. 1) a success because when the DVD was finished, my kids wanted to watch it all over again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your thoughts :)